Elton John is cashing out his chips.
The 70-year-old musical legend next spring will wrap up with The Million Dollar Piano, his residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, ending his run with 450 shows, the hotel-casino announced on Monday.
‘For over a decade, Elton John and his band have graced the stage at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, performing all the hits that have defined a generation,’ Caesars president Gary Selesner said in a statement. ‘Elton John’s residency at The Colosseum has set the standard for those all that have followed.
‘We are incredibly grateful to Elton for allowing Palace to be the home for his 450 memorable performances.’
The Tiny Dancer singer’s last outing in his run at the venue is slated for May 19, 2018, Caesars said.
Elton’s initial residency in Sin City began under the title of The Red Piano, with 243 shows between February 2004 and April 2009; he revived the musical showcase in September of 2011.
The Your Song performer has an affinity for the gambling city, as he opened up to the Las Vegas Sun last week about the visceral reactionary he had upon seeing reports of the October 1 mass shooting perpetrated by gunman Stephen Paddock at Mandalay Bay, claiming the lives of 58 people who attended the Route 91 Harvest music festival.
He told the newspaper, ‘I couldn’t believe it,’ adding ‘This is a town that has been so kind to me.
‘I’ve been appearing here throughout my career … and it has a big place in my heart.’
The Bennie & The Jets artist added that ‘every time something happens like that, a killing like that, it stays in our hearts as musicians because we can’t do anything except play music to try and heal the wounds; but it does have a profound effect on us, and I just feel for this town.’
Earlier this year, John missed a series of shows after he caught a bacterial infection in South America.
Tickets are on sale Sunday at 1 p.m. ET/ 10 a.m. PT for the last spate of shows, which are slated to run from April 28 until May 19.